In one magical day you'll visit our winery on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius, learn the secrets to preparing traditional local dishes, and sample your handiwork paired with organic wines!
Duration 4 hours
From 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 (Except on Monday) From 2 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 (Except on Monday)
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Welcome toast with Capafresca spumante
- Guided walk through the organic vineyard to learn about the history and production of Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio DOC
- Tour of the winery to visit the barrel room, etc.
- Cooking class in the Villa Ester kitchen with chef and sommelier Ester Grosso
- Learn to make three traditional courses, including:
- fresh pasta (ravioli capresi filled with caciotta cheese and tossed with heirloom piennolo tomatoes from Mt. Vesuvius);
- eggplant parmesan made with local ingredients,
- and lemon torta caprese, based on the chef's secret recipe
- Sample the dishes you've created over lunch, paired with four Cantina del Vesuvio wines and a sweet passito
- Shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina for those traveling by train (to be requested when booking the class)
- Free parking at the winery
We can also accommodate gluten-free and vegan lessons upon request. If desired, we can prepare potato gnocchi instead of ravioli capresi.
Cantina del Vesuvio is located in Trecase, halfway between Pompeii and the Mount Vesuvius National Park.
Those arriving by car can park in our free parking area. Please note that the shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina must be requested when you book the class, not at a later date.
Cantina del Vesuvio wines are organic and available for purchase exclusively through the winery.
Provided by: Cantina del Vesuvio (Trecase)
Wines made on the slopes of Vesuvius, with tastings at the winery